Tuesday, January 20, 2009

ObamAnnoying

Seriously, I thought that since I can't live in America right now, that I would at least have the benefit of not having to hear about Obama 24/7. WRONG. In fact I am pretty sure that the coverage of him here surpasses that of the coverage in America. It is borderline obsessive.
I will be curious to see if the media does it's job this time around and doesn't just give him a free pass. Unfortunately, so much of the world shapes it's opinions upon what is hand-fed to them, and not on any true factual study of the issues. The media is extremely powerful and very often only half truthful.
The world has crowned Obama as a savior, and nothing could qualify him as anything near that. Regardless that fact, he has done nothing as of yet other than winning a popularity contest. Now the hard part begins.
Despite the delusions of grandeur so many of my fellow Americans, ex-patriots, and members of human society may have concerning who he is or what he can possibly achieve, I do wish him the best and stand behind him. He is all we've got for the next 4---probably 8 years. (I'm not holding out any hope.) I grateful for his enthusiasm in jumping into the presidency. However, I am pretty sure that although the media depicts him as if he is the only new president to ever be anxious and excited to jump in with both feet, that in fact, that is how every presidency starts. After the promises he made today that he would live up to everything he said during the campaign I am highly skeptical, but all I can do is hope that at least he can live up to the good promises he made.

Not that the election matters anymore, here is one of the many reasons I didn't vote for him for any of you who care....

2 comments:

Megan Gery said...

yeah, you're right, i shouldn't have read this..... grrrrrrrrrrrr. i guess HF knows what He's doing. I just need to keep reminding myself of that. Daily. Hourly, maybe. :)

Owen's Mommy said...

I used to like Obama...I admit it. But you are right about annoying, some of his decisions are making me regreat mine!

Siena is possibly the most beautiful baby girl. You are so lucky.