Friday, July 4, 2008

Dr. Dumb

I am really sick of doctors who expect their patients to just believe everything they say no matter how incompetent it is or how much you have read and know that what they are saying isn't true. To get to the point, I went to my OBGYN on Wed thinking I would find out the sex of the baby. Note to all those of you who haven't been prego before or haven't read a million books on the subject: Usually you can tell the sex of the baby between the 16th and 20th week of the pregnancy unless baby doesn't want to cooperate.
So, I went to an appointment during the 16th week and my IncrediDoc told me it was too early to know. Fine... I could easily understand that since it was at the beginning of that range, so I happily waited til the next app't because he said that we would be able to see those "other body parts" the next time. This Wed was my 20th week check up (the next time) and he again told me that it was tooooo early to see. Alayna was with me this time since she and the men got to come to visit us this week. She looked shocked at this statement as did I since she knew the sex of both her boys at 16 weeks.
So anyway, I don't know what the sex is, and now I will have to wait another three weeks to find out what the sex is for sure. My next appointment is on the 23rd of July when we get back from Italy.
However, the Doc did say what he thinks the sex of the baby could be, so for those of you dieing to know, then you'll have to call me or email me to find out. I'm not posting it yet since it isn't "for sure". I think the Doc is just non-committal for fear of being wrong, because that might shrink his manly-hood or something. Who knows, but I guess we'll see. Please stay tuned for further posts and a few pics of our visit from Al and the Men!!!!

7 comments:

Brit said...

That would seriously make me so mad! I'm so crazy when it comes to finding out, I just have to know and I have to know ASAP. Back when I was working in L&D, I had one of my friends get the ultrasound machine out to see if we could see anything and sure enough, at 15 weeks...boy #1 was very visible! Good luck on the 23rd, hopefully the baby will be cooperative!

Apewad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apewad said...

Captain Douche-Bag is more like it. He's really a huge jerk. Has E got to the doctor with you yet to tell you if that's normal Swiss doctor behavior or not? Grr...I don't like him. Why are there so many crap OB's? It's called "Bed-Side-Manner"! Get some!

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way. Now you still have something to look forward to this month besides Italy, America and swollen ankles.

Owen's Mommy said...

I am mad to say the least. I have kept up with your blog EVERYDAY only to find this dissapointing news. Well I know the doctor is suspecting a boy...and I have a feeling that will remain the same!!! I hope you are having a wonderful time with Alayna. Tell her hi...and tell her I love her blog too.

Megan Gery said...

hey hot stuff! we joined the blogging train. so if you're not too busy vacationing, check it out: http://geryfamily.blogspot.com

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

I thought I left a comment like forever ago, but apparently not! I am confused, would the doctor not even check? I know you can get a much better "view" of things after 22 weeks, so maybe he likes to do it later so he can be sure. I am so not justifying the doctor, just trying to make you feel better! We didn't get to see Em's privates until 25 weeks because she was very shy not because the doctor wouldn't check. I will try to call soon so you can tell me it is a girl, okay. I just always think of it when it's like 4 am there. P.S. I will be in Ohio mid August, just for you love!