Saturday, July 26, 2008

Our Angel


If the first person who came to your mind when you read the title of this post wasn't Max, then you've never met my nephew, and he technically isn't ours, but we claim him as such.

When Al and her fam came to visit, they were so kind as to bring my very new, very amazing camera with them. I love it!! Anyway, as you may guess, I was very excited and the first quiet moment I got (when Graham was supposed to be taking a nap) I started inspecting it.

Well Max is also quite the photographer, so of course, a shiny new camera immediately caught his attention. As he sat with me, admiring my new purchase, he very inquisitively asked, "Aunt J, is your camera almost as good as Grandpa's?"
To this I enthusiastically replied, "Well, actually my camera is better!"
I then continued to inspect my treasure and after what must have been a couple minutes Max somberly asked, "Aunt J, how do you think Grandpa would feel if he knew that you said that???" Ouch. I then went on to explain that I only had a better camera because mine was newer than Grandpa's.
This answer didn't really seem to satisfy Max, so after a second of thinking what I should say, I responded, "Ya know soon Canon is going to come out with a newer camera and I know Grandpa is going to buy that one (No response from Max.... ) and that one will be better then mine."
"Oh... well that's ok then, he chimed in."

Seriously you can't get much sweeter than that, and there is definitely no questioning his love for his Grandpa. Nothing is right in the world if someone else has a better camera than Grandpa!! You can imagine how the conversation over my flash went.(It is newer than Grandpa's)

We love that sweet boy.

2 comments:

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

He really is a sweetheart. A few years ago he was playing with his toys during sacrament (I think they were Star-Wars men) and I was trying to play with him. I thought the way to play was to make the men beat eachother up, but Max sweetly said "Let's play nice guys, okay." I always think of that whenever I play "mean guys" with my rowdy nephews!

Alayna said...

I can't claim any credit for him but he really is a wonderful little man. I hope I can be like him someday!