Some time ago, Etienne became obsessed with all things Native American and reads everything he can get his hands on about them. Because of this fascination and one with the human body and it's miraculous abilities, he decided that one day he wanted to do a survival weekend, where he would sleep outside on the coldest night of the year with no sleeping bag and just the basic necessities. He has talked about this almost from the time we were married.
Well a couple months ago this is exactly what he did. He had warm clothes, a blanket, food, a machete, and our close friend Oli. They hiked, cut down a tree so they could cross a river, hiked some more, cut down some more trees, hiked into a valley, set up camp and cut down a lot more trees (firewood). I must say that not all the trees were big, but really I'm surprised there were any left in the area. All in all, he loved it and has planned to make it an annual event. If there are any other adventurers out there interested, let us know. I'm sure he could take you along next year. The only catch is it is in the Swiss mountains, but if you can make it, I'm sure he is game.
(No, that isn't where they needed the tree.)
9 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment