The Eggenberger Women
(the three on the right were not part of our group)
Easter was so much fun this year since we decided to take a trip to Stuttgart (Germany) to see Etienne's sister Roberta and her husband Wolfgang. As a last minute addition, Etienne's parents and sister Susanna decided to join us which made for a lot more fun.
We left on Sunday after church and got there in the late afternoon. The weather was beautiful, so we spent the evening out in the country in Wolfgang's sister's garden/yard. (Here because of space restrictions in the cities, people often rent or buy pieces of land in the country and make them into whatever they want-- gardens, or just a yard away from home.)
We stayed the night at Roberta's and the next day we went to Ludwigsburg to see the castle there which was amazing. Apparently the guy who used to live there loved fairy tales, especially Rapunzel, so he built what he thought her tower should look like on the grounds. Now the castle and grounds are more of a museum and they've even built an entire village made up of an assortment of fairy tales. It was a lot of fun, but after the walking around the castle for several hours we were exhausted. So we headed back to Roberta's for a late lunch and then said goodbye. We had a lot of fun catching up since we don't get to see them that often and hope to visit again soon. Thanks guys for letting us crash your Easter festivities.
Hansel and Gretel
Rapunzel' Tower
9 years ago


6 comments:
that sounds (and looks) so cool. i'm jealous. and sienna is so cute! i wish i could go see a castle!
Ludwigsburg sounds amazing...how great to be in the middle of history itself!
Okay, I just spent WAY to much time on your blog--I just hadn't been on it in forever--I didn't even know you were a mommy!! Congrats! What a cutie you have! I love seeing how happy you are!
You are so lucky to be living where you do. I am so glad you have been posting more pics. Sienna is so beautiful...I still can't figure out who she looks more like.
By the way...we are having a girl!
hey-my blog is private now, so email me at lizzythebotanist at gmail dot come and i'll send you an invite! and update your blog!
ok dear- it's september and you last posted in May. Time to get a move on- I want to see updated pics of sienna!
Post a Comment