So, I went to the doctor yesterday morning on my 39 week mark. I went in hopes of finding out that I am 3 cm dilated and ready to have this little one, but that was not to be. Instead I was to be crushed by the announcement that I am not dilated at all, not even a little, and she may not be coming until she's good and ready. Apparently she already has a mind of her own-- although I have no idea where she gets that from. Maybe someone just forgot to teach her that whole do what your parents tell you to rule. (We tell her to come out everyday, and so far she isn't listening.)
Despite things not going as (I) planned, I am trying to look on the bright side. She is doing very well and seems content enough to stay where she for a bit longer. This also means that Etienne and I will have a little more just him and me time for the next who knows how long (which is a very nice part of the bright side). Good News though: The doctor did confirm that he does still believe that she is indeed a girl. Miracle of Miracles!!
When she does decide to come, I will try to put something up on here to let everyone know. So keep checking back and cross your fingers for me.
9 years ago


8 comments:
Don't be fooled by no dialation, she could come tomorrow, or better yet, Sunday (Emilie's birthday!) Isn't the "any day now" waiting torture, and fun??? Can't wait to see how pretty she is!
REMEMBER: Enjoy this time and don't spend every moment worrying about when Siena will be here. You'll have forever to worry about her, and this is your last chance to worry about YOU.
My suggestion is to start a project that you want to have finished before she comes and she will come right in the middle of it. Kids are like that. I am excited to come to see you and Etienne, of course, but really I am coming to meet my first granddaughter. I hope she makes an appearance soon for your sanity as well as mine.
I agree with Kassie! For my 38 week appointment I wasn't dilated at all, so the doctor said to plan on seeing her in a week, but a few days later Abe was ready to join the family! I hope she comes soon!
Oh my gosh...I can't wait for her arrival. We are thinking of you guys and your little one. We hope everything goes well. Love you girl!
Hang in there girlie!
I know you are focaused on bigger things right now. However, do you remeber Paul? Liz Sand's Paul. Closet gay Paul. He was on dancing with the stars last night. I almost peed in my pants!Can't wait for the news of her arrival.
i don't have any pregnancy advice for you, but i did want to tell you (and hopefully Sienna soon) happy birthday! hang in there!
Post a Comment