First just let me say, if anyone reading this is a frequent flier, then don't ever ever ever fly with Continental. You will probably regret your decision if you do. I did---several times.
Back to the main point of going to America for a second time in a matter of a couple weeks....A few days after getting home, we received news that there was a man who was emotionally attached to our house (weird? yes)--it being the home he was born in and grew up in. Because of this attachment, he was willing to offer us 3 of his houses (all rental properties like ours). Since this wasn't an easy decision for us to make over the phone, we decided it best if I flew back to check out the deal.
So I flew to Ohio on the worst airline known to man and after arriving my dad and I went to work. After a short time, we realized that the guy we were dealing with wasn't exactly the upstanding citizen he continually told us he was. I got to learn a lot in those two weeks about exactly how much info people can access about you on the internet and how easy it is to access it. We found out all kinds of lovely info on our friend. Long story short, we decided not to take the deal, and we began work on our own house.
All in all, it wasn't the worst thing that could have happened. I did get to hang out with the fam and a couple friends for another two weeks, and of course---- I got to visit TACO BELL!!! Heck yeah!


So here are some of the pics and a video of one of the houses that Shady McDodgerton wanted to trade us for. It was really quite a cool house, but would have cost way too much to renovate. I took this video when we were still thinking of doing the deal. Can you hear my optimism? C'est la vie!
9 years ago


4 comments:
You look so cute being preggers! You obviously are keeping up with your prenatal vitamins, because your hair looks so thick and you have that glowing skin! Have I ever told you that your husband is attractive??? Well he is!! Where is my baby?
I love the pics of the house. I'm a sucker for before and afters!
What were you doing up at 3am? Labor??? I'm sure you are soooo sick of hearing that! I'll try to call you tomorrow (today for you.) No, I am not afraid of Obama. Really, could anyone be worse than Bush? Besides, I've always been a Democrat, we don't make enough money to be a Republican.
hey dahling, i have a question. do you remember before either one of us was married, driving to church listening to a song about a little girl who walked past the crucifixion or something? hilary weeks maybe? tell me, won't you, so i can find it?
Post a Comment