Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Birthday Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who emailed, texted, called, sent cards, left comments on my blog, dropped off presents at 7:30 in the morning, took me to dinner, hi-jacked my house to set up a surprise B-day Party/Baby Shower while I sat upstairs blogging, or otherwise made me feel really special for my B-day. I was kind of overwhelmed because I thought this would be just a mundane B-day, (the excitement is yet to happen) but so many people remembered the day and took the time to wish me B-day Congratulations. Apparently some had a little help remembering from a certain husband!!

For the big day, I got woken up by a text and then a surprise knock at the door accompanied by a gift and a friend running to catch the bus. I then took it easy for a while and went back to sleep. I had a doctor's appointment (still nothing), and then just hung out in the city until Etienne got off work and we went to one of our favorite little restaraunts together. He stopped by the restaraunt earlier to make sure that the cook would make the spiciest curry he could make, which obviously didn't help move things any faster for the labor.

Then we came back home and I was surprised again by a sweet and very unique bouquet of something very swiss which is difficult to describe---kind of a flower arrangement but without the flowers. Then I got to spend a little more time with my amazing husband before we called it a night. Overall it was very nice, extremely relaxing, and not at all what I expected. So thanks again to everyone. I love you tons.

2 comments:

Megan Gery said...

sounds like you had a good day. the curry thing cracks me up. i miss you like crazy. come back. :)

Alayna said...

I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. You definatley deserve a fantastic birthday!