Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And it Begins...





While my parents were here, they were so very kind and helped us with a couple prenatal projects. We had to move tons of furniture, rewire the internet connections and paint an old grungy lookin wardrobe, not to mention find room and places for all the things that were displaced by the upheaval. I should have taken more pictures, but didn't think of it mainly from lack of sleep. So all I have to show you are the semi-before and after pics of the wardrobe. We had to do the sanding and painting on our upper-balcony because of obvious ventilation problems. This was quite the task considering it began to rain just as we were putting on the final coat of paint....yikes. However, I have to say it still turned out to be quite the piece o' furnitia. I love it. The top pic is showing the cute details, because in the bottom pic you can't see the grooves. Just use your imagination --k!!!

5 comments:

Owen's Mommy said...

You have such a great vision for things, Julianne. I cannot wait to see what the babies room will look like. I do love the wardrobe!

Apewad said...

Dude...I know I'm a little slow but which pic is the before and which is the after? Did you paint it white or did you stain it in a honey color? Either way it's a beautiful wardrobe. You should take more pics of your flat and post them on here. I can never picture what you're talking about. Peace!

Megan Gery said...

it looks awesome! (i think. it's hard to tell from the picture, but i'll take your word for it.) :) i'm so sorry to have hung up (sorta) on you. I hated to do it. The stupid Verizon people are charging me for a service I don't have, and then lying about it, and they put me on hold for 20 minutes! (the entire call took 45, can you believe it?) i was afraid i'd have to start all over. but i will add minutes to my phone card and call you back soon. and i'll have mikey call you too. love you, thanks for being so amazing!

Owen's Mommy said...

PS...freaking amazing picture of you and hubby. You really look beautiful...and HAPPY!

Megan Gery said...

i agree with liz, it is a way cute picture of you. and also, i'm sorry i missed your call the other day. there is an update, and it's a good one. i'll call you soon. (during normal business hours.) :)