Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mmmmm random cravings...


Ok so here's the latest and greatest of my food cravings: sugar cookies with icing. The cookies turned out really well, but I must say, the icing was a different story. I am constantly learning the differences between everything American, and everything European. Let me tell you there is a huge difference. Normally I can use the powdered sugar here for all the things you can in America, so why should simple icing be any different? Right?? Because I live in Europe that's why. They like to make everything just a little more difficult. Don't even get me started on grocery stores that close at 6:30 every night....So for now I guess I will have to do without the icing, among other things, but hey that's a small price to pay for the scenery huh!!

3 comments:

Owen's Mommy said...

HOLLY CRAP...you are preggers!!!!!!!!!!!!! We must talk..I am a terrible friend who get wrapped up in her own life and forgets to keep in touch. I will email you my new number. Congratulations, and I miss you a ton- Liz

Apewad said...

I didn't know you were prego either! Snap, dog!

Okay, I'm just kidding. For once Sean and I aren't the last people to find out what's going on in the family. It's a miracle!

Anyway, great idea on the blog. I love it. Keep the updates coming.

BTW, E said, according to the sonagram, the baby is now 22 millimeters. Can you dumb that down in English for me? My rule only has centimeters and 22 cm is about 9.5 inches. That's pretty big for being just over 10 weeks. oh yeah, I'm good-I keep your prego progress in my calendar. Tell that baby to WATCH OUT! Aunt April is a little OCD. :) Love you! Peace out!

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

Perhaps you should just stay in the US while gestating. I would like that, and Etienne would be fine, you are only going to be mean to him the whole time. Tell April that she is WAYYYY off, the baby is about the size of a gummy bear right now, which is really adorable to picture a baby that size, even if right now it has a tail and doesn't look human yet. I swear I'm not insulting your fetus, at least not intentionally!